Almost every business we see needs help with their online brand management. Businesses were once finished with their online strategy if they simply had a website. Then, keywords, content and proper coding and a onslaught of SEO techniques was important for exposure in the search engine rankings. But, that’s old hat in today’s world. Sure, search engine optimization (SEO) is still an important element for online exposure, but what about the promotion and protection of your brand? For this you need a strategy that places you in the driver’s seat carefully controlling positive messaging for your brand.
What is Brand Management and How is it Accomplished?
Brand management is engaging the online world in order to have a positive influence on your brand and to minimize negative influences on your business message. Online reputation management isn’t social media grandstanding. It entails real-world solutions in a daily exercise that elicits positive results. First, you must recognize your niche. Second, you must exert a cohesive, organized and planned social media effort that results in a sterling company brand. Finally, being proactive is necessary. Brand management has nothing to do with resting on your laurels.
Most businesses struggle to find time to complete the basic responsibilities of operations. From creating your product to hiring employees and filling orders, there are already too many demands on your time. But, sales drive your business and without incoming money, your business doesn’t survive. That’s where JHG Media can help. We have the expertise and time to be your online brand manager and put you in charge of your company’s online brand.
Results from JHG Group’s Online Brand Management Services
According to a study by a 2010 Pew Internet & American Life Project, almost six out of every 10 customers research a company online before ever buying a product from the business. Furthermore, social media websites, such as Angie’s List, Yelp, or Facebook, are used for this research, instead of the company’s website. Almost a quarter of these people write comments and reviews on social media websites about the products that they buy.
Imagine what happens when one or two customers who got up on the wrong side of the bed leave a negative review online about your business. There’s a big X over your brand. That’s why you need to be directing your own social media orchestra. Here’s the type of conducting that JHG Media can do for you.
Actively Involve Customers Through Online Branding
Through social media websites, several brand management strategies can be employed to build others into strong campaigners for your company’s message or brand. Here are some pointers.
- Let Your Customers Speak for You – When at all possible, allow others to tell your message. Keep a lookout for blog posts, tweets or photographs that present your message and reuse them on social media websites. Messages coming from customers in the social media are today’s roadside billboards. Retweeting a positive message about your company makes you the curator of your brand.
- Establish Yourself Where Your Fans Hang Out – You can’t be satisfied with placing your message into just any social media websites. Research is needed to determine social media websites where most of your customers make comments. It’s not worth your time placing your brand on a social media location made for teenagers if you’re selling a product made for the 30 to 40-year-old sector.
- Be Honest in the Social Media World – Secrets seem to dissolve through social media interaction. When responding to customers, refrain from presenting an egotistical voice. Be truthful and honest and show respect for the customer. Remember, the world is watching your every social media move.
- Know Your Customers and the Role Your Business Plays – Again, research is needed to precisely know details about the type of customer you seek and the niche your product plays in their life. Once you have these factors down, orchestrating appropriate social media messages comes easier.
- Refrain from Bragging or Drowning in Self-Pity – Emotions run high through social media comments. But, your role is not to write in a “high-five” manner, or wear your emotions on your blogging sleeve. You gain a higher respect when the brand you manage leads by example. Gloating or wallowing should be left to your fans, not you.
In today’s world of smart phones and tablets, social media is at almost every customer’s fingertips. It’s a location where opinions are flying about featuring people and business products. You can just let the online chips fall where they may, or you can get involved and drive the social media message about your business through effective online brand management. With JHG Media’s help, you can implement a positive image, which puts additional customers through your front door and extra dollars into your income statement.